Just been challenged to fill in this 5-4-3-2-1 matrix:
• Five interesting things about your life/CV to date
• Four interesting things about your work today
• Three outcomes of your work with current clients
• Two things your clients would say about you and your work
• One sentence to remember you by.
Five interesting things about your life/CV to date
• Once played in a band with Kirsty MacColl
• Author of 10+ books
• Obsessive collector of antique acoustic guitars
• In 1963, my ‘uncle’ told the Beatles to get out of his office
• 3 wonderful children, 2 Jack Russell dogs, and still happily married.
Four interesting things about your work today
• I work with probably the best independent digital agencies in the UK winning national and global awards for their work
• Work is split between international speaking (New York, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur), workshops (Digital Agency Growth Program, Google Partners Elevator Program), and NED/consulting work
• The ROI on recent work has been so good I am embarrassed to take any credit for it
• Grow Your Digital Agency has been #1 best-selling book for digital agencies.
Three outcomes of your work with current clients
• Clients hit Escape Velocity: increased hourly rates, utilisation, fees, profitability and business valuation (eg sell additional £298k adwords spend, revenue up 91%, net profit up 94%, staff numbers up 73%)
• Clients run the agency they want to run so that they can live the life they want to live
• Increased confidence in decision-making and the future of the agency.
Two things your clients would say about you and your work
• “He tells you things how they are, he gives a crap”
• “Results-focused and free of business school BS.”
One sentence to remember you by
• “Helps you run the agency you really want to run and live the life you want to lead.”