In this GYDA Talks, Robert interviews Garry Hamilton. Garry is the Chief Growth Officer at the digital transformation agency, Equator. Over the last twenty years he and his two partners, have built the agency into a UK top 5 independent agency (Econsultancy 2019) with 180 experts in Glasgow and London. Equator currently serves as the digital transformation partner for FTSE 100 companies and world-renowned brands including AXA, Virgin Active, Santander, SSE, Phoenix Life and more.
Robert and Garry discuss:
• Digital Transformation
• Increase Prices
• Created the role of Trusted Advisor
• Be a partner and not a supplier
• The risk/reward model
• Growth ‘secrets’
• You need to make yourself redundant
• We all exit via death, going bust or selling our share of the business
• You need to become a board with actions and accountability
• Consequences of underperforming in the board room
• COVID-19 and its impact
• Brexit sorted then COVID-19….
• You need to be brave; you need to be seen
• Lead gen is low cost now
• How to stay entrepreneurial?
• Felt like an oil tanker at 100 staff and chopped the business into tribes
• What next? The industry will need to get into digital business transformation
• Even more consolidation
• Too big to be small, to small to be big offer opportunities…
• Gary’s advice for agency leaders
This is a bitesize video of the full hour-long interview with Garry. To watch the rest visit GYDA Member Hub!